Flourish Counseling & Coaching, LLC, is a 12-year-old private practice in Denver is now hiring an experienced, licensed psychotherapist to join our cohesive and collaborative team as an independent contractor. Flourish specializes in empowering professionals, their relationships, and their families. The majority of our clients are dynamic, high functioning, and highly educated. Flourish is sought out for its specialty in couple’s therapy. It’s also launching clinical supervision services to other therapists outside of the practice. 98% of the services provided by our team are self-pay.
The practice values the ongoing evolution and wellness of our therapists/coaches, as well as of our clients. It promotes warmth, humor and collegiality among its team members. The internal work culture embodies trustworthiness, mutual respect, self-motivation, healthy boundaries, and positivity. Read more about Flourish’s core values here. Our contractors receive flexibility in creating schedules that work well with their personal lives.
The role of an independent contractor is an incredible opportunity to work in a private practice setting with highly rewarding clients without having to invest thousands of dollars into starting your own business, spending countless hours of unpaid time trying to generate referrals, or stumbling your way through the insurance billing system. The right candidate will be able to focus on what they do best – providing psychotherapy to their clients.
· A Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology or a related mental health field is required.
· Licensure in the mental health field in the state of Colorado is required.
· A minimum of 8 years of post-graduate experience providing psychotherapy is required.
· Education, training and/or experience providing couples therapy is strongly preferred.
· Education/training/experience in providing clinical supervision or an immediate willingness to pursue training in clinical supervision is required.
· Must commit to building up to a 22 hour per week commitment, at minimum. (Building up to a full-time caseload is an available option but is not required.)
· Contractors must sign a Non-Compete Agreement and agree not to engage in another private psychotherapy practice or coaching practice within 10 miles of Flourish.
· Must possess high standards for the quality of work that they provide, have a diligent work ethic, be highly professional and have excellent organizational skills.
· Must consider the client-therapist relationship an honor and deeply respect others. Those who believe they are superior to their clients need NOT apply. Must also value harmonious and authentic work relationships and display maturity in interpersonal relationships. Those interested in internal organizational drama or workplaces with poor boundaries need NOT apply.
· Flourish values diversity among its team members and members of minority groups are encouraged to apply. Spanish/English bilingual skills preferred. All contractors must value and honor diversity of gender, ethnicity, culture, spiritual beliefs and sexual orientation.
· Must be motivated to make money, eager to learn how to become a successful business person and able to be assertive and directive with clients.Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
· Must be available to work at least two weeknights per week (Mon-Thurs, approximately 4:00 pm – 8:00pm) in addition to offering daytime appointments. Position begins with part-time hours and has full-time potential if desired.· Will provide psychotherapy to your own Flourish clients in our northwest Denver location.
· Will also have the opportunity to provide clinical supervision to unlicensed clinicians on a fee for service basis and to lead Group Consultation 4 months per year.
· Participate in clinical consultation with the Exec Director and peers – 3 hours per month.
· Participate in monthly group trainings – 2.5 hours per month on the third Monday of each month.Compensation:
Compensation is highly competitive for the Denver market. Our clinicians receive consistent referrals and some administrative support.
As an independent contractor benefits are not available.
Flourish is owned and operated by Executive Director Angela Sasseville, MA, LPC. Angela is a noted public speaker and the author of Families Under Financial Stress: Tools to Strengthen Your Relationships and Your Continual Growth. Her insights on the psychosocial stressors affecting modern families have been featured in Parents magazine, on NOW on PBS and on www.MomsRising.org. For more information on the practice, spend some time familiarizing yourself at www.FlourishCounseling.com.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume. Applications may be submitted:
1) By meeting the team and applying in person ONLY during Flourish’s “Pinot & All Things Private Practice” event from 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm on Friday, May 19, 2017. Please contact Admin Asst Samantha Harris at Admin@FlourishCounseling.com for details and to RSVP if you wish to attend this event.
2) Via email to Admin Assist Samantha Harris at Admin@FlourishCounseling.com.
Interviews will begin June 8, 2017. Letters of recommendation will be requested from candidates who are invited to interview.