Flourish Counseling & Coaching, LLC, is seeking a licensed psychotherapist for immediate hire as an independent contractor.
Flourish was established in 2005 and has an excellent reputation in the community supporting an educated and dynamic clientele. The practice values the ongoing evolution and wellness of our therapists/coaches, as well as of our clients. Flourish has deep roots in the northwest Denver community and is located in a beautiful Victorian home complete with 5 separate offices. It promotes warmth, humor and collegiality amongst its team members. The internal work culture embodies trustworthiness, mutual respect, healthy boundaries, and positivity.
Our contractors receive flexibility in creating schedules that work well with their personal lives.
At Flourish, counseling and coaching are two separate services provided to two separate groups of clients, in keeping with DORA’s differentiation between counseling and coaching. Our coaching services include parenting coaching, career coaching, and life coaching on a range of issues. All Flourish coaches must have a background and license in mental health and be interested in being trained to offer both counseling and coaching.
The role of an independent contractor is an incredible opportunity to work in a private practice setting with high functioning clients without having to invest thousands of dollars into starting your own business, spending countless hours of unpaid time trying to generate referrals, or stumbling your way through the insurance billing system. The right candidate will be able to focus on what they do best – providing psychotherapy or life coaching to their clients.
- A Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology or a related mental health field is required.
- Licensure in the mental health field in the state of Colorado is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of post-graduate experience providing psychotherapy is required.
- Education and/or experience providing systemic therapy is preferred.
- Training or experience providing life coaching is preferred.But at minimum, an immediate willingness to pursue 12+ CEU’s of life coach training is required.
- Must commit to building up to a 18 hours per week commitment, at minimum.Building up to a full-time caseload is an available option but is not required.
- Contractors must sign a Non-Compete Agreement and agree not to engage in another private psychotherapy practice or coaching practice within 10 miles of Flourish.
- Must possess high standards for the quality of work that they provide, have a diligent “blue collar” work ethic and excellent organizational skills.
- Must consider the client-therapist relationship an honor and deeply respect others. Must also value harmonious and authentic work relationships. Those who believe they are superior to their clients need NOT apply. Those interested in internal organizational drama or workplaces with poor boundaries need NOT apply.
- Strong computer skills, strong communication skills and interpersonal maturity are required.
- Must value and honor diversity of gender, ethnicity, culture, spiritual beliefs and sexual orientation.Flourish serves as a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and advocates for LGBTQ rights.
- Must be motivated to make money and eager to learn how to become a successful business person.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be available to work EITHER 8 weekend hours OR two weeknights per week (or a combination thereof) in addition to offering some daytime appointments. Position begins with part-time hours and has full-time potential if desired.
- Will provide psychotherapy and life coaching sessions to your own Flourish clients in our northwest Denver location.
- Keep client notes and treatment plans up to date.
- Participate in small group consultation with the Exec Director & peers– 2 hours per month.
- Participate in monthly big group trainings – 2.5 hours per month on the third Monday of each month.
Compensation is highly competitive for the Denver market. Our clinicians receive consistent referrals and some administrative support. As an independent contractor benefits are not available.
Flourish is owned and operated by Executive Director Angela Sasseville, MA, LPC, whose clinical specialties are systemic theory including EFT, trauma and EMDR, as well as spiritual coaching techniques. Angela is a noted public speaker and the author of Families Under Financial Stress: Tools to Strengthen Your Relationships and Your Continual Growth. Her insights on the psychosocial stressors affecting modern families have been featured in Parents magazine, on NOW on PBS and on www.MomsRising.org.
Interested candidates should apply immediately by emailing a cover letter and resume to Angela@FlourishCounseling.com
. Interviews will begin in April 2016. Letters of recommendation will be required for candidates who are invited to interview.