The science of relationships & lasting intimacy
Are you feeling frustrated and stuck?
- Do you two argue over little things only to feel distant and misunderstood when the issue goes unresolved?
- Are you at odds with one another over how to parent the kids or how to juggle your other responsibilities?
- Does your relationship feel unstable and uncertain following a loss of trust between you?
Flourish is well known for it’s effective approach to relationship challenges. We can teach you how to become closer and more harmonious through couples therapy.
There are only two types of couples therapy in the field that research studies have determined to be effective. Flourish incorporates both of them.
Our Proprietary Curriculum
By investing 20 minutes a week into our proprietary curriculum, Relationships that Not Only Last But THRIVE, you can channel your motivation for change into beneficial tasks while using your time efficiently. The curriculum contains 32 actionable items consisting of educational videos, assessments, and worksheets. Created by Flourish President Angela Sasseville, LPC, it’s full of tools and insights that have been proven by research to be highly effective and relevant by the top leaders in relationship psychology.
The program converts right-brained relationship concepts (that can be abstract) into practical tools and checklists that resonate with concrete thinkers and left-brained individuals. It provides improved clarity and language around the issues you’ve been sensing but couldn’t articulate before. It’s the perfect supplemental tool for any couple or individual who’s working on improving their relationship through therapy.
Flourish built its reputation on the work that we do on relationships.
Our therapists are well versed in the challenges and issues effecting couples and are known for their superb couples therapy skills. Sure, we like our couples to feel supported by us. But we also like seeing them get results.
Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy has been deemed by the American Psychological Association as “empirically proven to be effective.” In fact, rigorous studies show that 70-75% of couples who go through Emotionally Focused therapy recover from their relationship crises and not only stay together but are happy in their relationship down the road.
Couples therapy can help you and your partner:
- create a more stable relationship through unbiased mediation
- improve communication and increase the intimacy between you
- help you identify how your emotions and behaviors are interconnected to those of your partner
- break free of the unwanted patterns in your relationship
- resolve the deeper issues causing conflict between you
“Scientists have cracked the code of love. It is not a mystery anymore. We understand it to the point where for the first time in human history, we can now intelligently shape our most important relationships. THIS is a revolution.” – Dr. Susan Johnson, Emotionally Focused Therapy
“Marriage is not a static state between two unchanging people. Marriage is a psychological and spiritual journey that begins in the ecstasy of attraction, meanders through a rocky stretch of self-discovery, and culminates in the creation of an intimate, joyful, lifelong union.”
– Harvel Hendrix, Getting the Love You Want
Our therapists integrate Hot Monogamy™ research and tools to help couples create more passion and intimacy in their sexual relationship.
Premarital Counseling for Engaged Couples:
Investing in premarital counseling is a proven way of giving your relationship the best odds of lasting “happily ever after.” Research has found that couples who go through premarital counseling are 30% less likely to end up divorced!
- Gain the relationship insights & tools that will help the two of you fulfill one another’s emotional needs for the rest of your lives.
- Identify the expectations that each of you have regarding marriage.
- Learn how to handle conflict in a productive and healthy manner.
- Create a shared vision for your future.
- Receive insight and support around the stressors of planning your wedding.
Premarital Counseling sessions are available a la carte. Or save $135 on a package!
See the Flourish Blog for more info on common relationship issues:
Schedule a Free Consultation
Schedule a 25 minute consultation to make sure Flourish is a good fit for you.
If your household is NEW to Flourish, this is provided at no charge.
Busy schedule? Videoconferencing is also available.