Online Coaching & Therapy
Receive Coaching or Therapy Online
It’s become common place to conduct coaching & therapy via videoconference. Clients and professionals alike find online services to be every bit as productive as in person services for most, but not all, situations.
- Video conferencing is convenient, time efficient & environmentally responsible. Not only does it eliminate the need to get to our office, it also saves our clients time and reduces the amount that they have to drive.
- Online sessions actually fee more comfortable to some clients.
- Receiving support online allows discerning clients to access specialists whose expertise is a great fit for their goals, regardless of geographic location.
- All forms of coaching work well online. However, not all forms of therapy are appropriate for online services.
- Some clients feel more comfortable meeting in person.
If you are billing your insurance provider or another third party for therapy, online therapy may not be considered a covered service by your claims payer. Coverage for in person therapy does not guarantee coverage for online therapy.
Residents of California, New York, New Jersey and Ohio are NOT eligible for online services with our staff due to laws passed by these 4 states.
Clients who are within driving distance are asked to meet with us in person in our office for their initial consultation.
Preparing for Your Online Coaching Therapy
If you would like to take advantage of the convenience of meeting through video conferencing online, the therapists and coaches at Flourish Counseling and Coaching can meet with you through Zoom. Here’s what you will need:
Fast Internet Connection
For best results, please videoconference us from a room with a strong Internet connection.
Our video conference sessions are conducted on Zoom. This free platform provides our clients with a confidential virtual meeting space.
Last but certainly not least, interruptions and distractions work against getting the maximum benefit from your sessions. You will get the most out of your videoconference sessions when you recreate the conditions of our office:
- Ask others not to interrupt you during your session time
- Secure a private room where you know your confidentiality will be protected and no one will walk in and/or lock the door
- Turn off telephone ringers, televisions, and any other distractions
- Secure childcare for your children during your online session so that you can focus on your session and not be forced to stop mid-thought to accommodate interruptions