To Our Beloved Clientele,
As Flourish prepares to reopen our office to in-person sessions in late May, the online services that got you through two months of Home Quarantine will continue to be the best choice for a number of clients. Video Conference sessions have been proven in research studies to be every bit as effective as in person services. Each of our therapists will be conducting the majority of their sessions online each week as we enter Phase Two. So your option of meeting with us on Zoom is available for the long term and is one way to continue to minimize the number of people you’re exposed to.
Clients who prefer to receive their essential services from us in person will also have that option again in late May. Your therapist will be happy to let you know which days they’ll be in the office as we phase back in.
Please Continue to See Us ONLINE exclusively IF:
- You have anxiety about potential exposure to the virus
- Any member of your household is immunosuppressed
- You’re pregnant
- You’re over 65
- It’s easier for your parenting responsibilities or work / life juggle
- If you currently have any COVID-like symptoms
Expectations of Clients Attending In Office Sessions:
For those who prefer to meet in person, we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines consistently while in our office:
- Wear a mask in the common areas until you get to your therapist’s office – You WON’T be asked to keep it on DURING your session
- Wash your hands upon arrival
- Grab a paper towel or disinfectant wipe to use on any doors you need to open
- We missed you too! – But no handshakes or hugs
- Please maintain a 6 foot distance
- Please bring your own beverage
- Cash & checks are no longer accepted
- If you cough or sneeze, do it into your elbow
- Move your session to Zoom if you’re experiencing any COVID-like symptoms
- Inform your therapist if you contract COVID symptoms within 14 days of being in their office to support our contact-tracing efforts.
School-aged kids: Parents have had a rough couple of months, ya’ll, and could use some support! Flourish will have a socially-distant space available for school-aged kids to hang out during a parents session should you need to bring them. (Toddlers & preschoolers are usually happiest in the therapy room with mom or dad if they need to accompany you.)
If you child is in therapy, their therapist will collaborate with you to identify social distancing strategies that you’re comfortable with.
What We’re Doing to Protect Clients & Our Team:
- We’ll have 50% -75% fewer people in our office when we phase back to in-person sessions in late May
- The start times of each therapists appointments are staggered to decrease then number of people coming and leaving at same time
- We’ve installed touch-less faucets & soap dispensers
- All of the commonly touched surfaces in our office are disinfected twice a day
- We’ve shut down our tea & water service to minimize germs in the kitchen
- There’s a one way flow of traffic in our stairwells
- An air purifier will be running in your therapist’s office throughout your session
- Your therapist will be seated more than 6 ft away from you
- Caitlin will be seeing her clients in a larger office now
- If staff cough or sneeze, it will be into their elbow
- Your therapist will be taking their temperature daily and will stay home and ask to move your session to Zoom if they experience any COVID-like symptoms
- If they suspect they could have exposed you to COVID while asymptomatic, they’ll contact you to inform you.
Your therapist will NOT be wearing a mask during your session either as it’s impossible to do therapy that way. They also don’t consider being in the room alone with you “being out in public”. But if this is uncomfortable for you just let them know and they’ll arrange for you to meet with them on Zoom instead.
Finally, both clients and team members acknowledge that there are some inherent risks of the spread of COVID with every in-person contact that are outside the control of our clients and outside the control of Flourish.