Flourish Counseling & Coaching, LLC, is a 12-year-old private practice in Denver. Flourish specializes in empowering professionals, their relationships, and their families. The majority of our clients are dynamic, high functioning, and highly educated. Flourish is sought out for its specialty in couple’s therapy. 98% of the services provided by our team are self-pay.
The practice values the ongoing evolution and wellness of our therapists/coaches, as well as of our clients. It promotes warmth, humor and collegiality amongst its team members. The internal work culture embodies trustworthiness, mutual respect, self-motivation, healthy boundaries, and positivity. Read more about Flourish’s core values here.
The externship is an incredible opportunity for an unlicensed clinician to gain supervision hours and experience in a private practice setting and to learn the skills and strategies that are imperative to creating their own sustainable private practice. (Flourish no longer offers an Internship program but 80% of the CPCE students who interned at Flourish in previous years went on to launch successful private practices of their own.) Externs must make a 12-month commitment to Flourish as an Independent Contractor. The contract is renewable for a second year.
- A Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology and Counselor Education or a related mental health field is required.
- Completion of a 150-hour Practicum and a 600-hour Clinical Internship is required.
- Registration with DORA as an unlicensed psychotherapist is required.
- Experience in the mental health profession is strongly preferred.
- Education, training and/or experience providing couples therapy is strongly preferred.
- Must commit to building up to a 21 hour per week commitment.
- Externs must sign a Non-Compete Agreement and agree not to engage in another private psychotherapy practice or coaching practice within 8 miles of Flourish.
- Must possess high standards for the quality of work that they provide, have a diligent work ethic, be highly professional and have excellent organizational skills.
- Must consider the client-therapist relationship an honor and deeply respect others. Those who believe they are superior to their clients need NOT apply. Must also value harmonious and authentic work relationships and display maturity in interpersonal relationships. Those interested in internal organizational drama or workplaces with poor boundaries need NOT apply.
- Flourish values diversity among its team members and members of minority groups are encouraged to apply. Spanish/English bilingual skills preferred. All contractors must value and honor diversity of gender, ethnicity, culture, spiritual beliefs and sexual orientation.
- Must be motivated to make money, eager to learn how to become a successful business person and able to be assertive and directive with clients.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be available to work at least two weeknights per week (approximately 4:00 pm – 8:00pm) in addition to offering daytime or weekend appointments.
- Will provide psychotherapy to your own Flourish clients in our northwest Denver location.
Compensation & Supervision Hours Provided:
This is a paid position. However, the biggest advantages of this position are in the robust and high quality supervision and training the extern will receive, valued at $828 per month:
- 1 hour per week of individual supervision toward licensure.
- 5 hours per month of group supervision toward licensure.
- 9 hours of group business coaching regarding private practice success.
- 5 hours per month of team trainings.
As an independent contractor benefits are not available.
Flourish is owned and operated by Executive Director Angela Sasseville, MA, LPC. Angela was voted “Outstanding Graduate” by the Counseling Psychology and Counselor Education Program at UCD in May 2005. She’s a noted public speaker and the author of Families Under Financial Stress: Tools to Strengthen Your Relationships and Your Continual Growth. Her insights on the psychosocial stressors affecting modern families have been featured in Parents magazine, 9 News, and on PBS.
Extern will be supervised by one of Flourish’s Senior Associates who have 17-21 years of experience and formal training in providing clinical supervision.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume indicating WHICH license candidate is working towards. Applications may be submitted:
- By meeting the team and applying in person ONLY during Flourish’s “Pinot & All Things Private Practice” event from 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm on Friday, May 19, 2017. Please contact Admin Asst Samantha Harris at Admin@FlourishCounseling.com for details and to RSVP if you wish to attend this event.
- Via email to Admin Assist Samantha Harris at Admin@FlourishCounseling.com
Interviews will begin by June 2017. Letters of recommendation will be requested from candidates who are invited to interview.